Skip to content

In case of emergency

If you encounter a personal emergency situation while staying or travelling abroad we may be able to assist you

Consular services we can provide:

  • Transfer of money for the return journey
  • Issuing an emergency passport and/or new Danish passport
  • Contact an attorney if you are arrested
  • Contact your relatives in Denmark
  • Contact your insurance company in cases of accident, illness or death

Services we cannot provide:   

  • Giving you a loan or perform banking transactions
  • Payment of welfare benefits or pensions
  • Get you released from prison or pay your lawyer
  • Pay the hospital or doctor without collateral from yourself, your friends/relatives or your bank
  • Work or a work permit

Please check with these pages for more information about the services provided in case of an emergency. (Danish)

Read more at the MFA Consular Homepage. (Danish)